Mold Toxicity

Indoor exposure to the air and dust of water-damaged buildings (WDB) can trigger a chronic inflammatory response syndrome (CIRS), especially in a genetically susceptible individual.   It is estimated that up to 50% of homes and up to 85% of office buildings in the U.S. have water damage.  This means almost no one is immune to mold toxin (mycotoxin) exposure.

Exposure to mycotoxins, and other biotoxins, can cause multiple symptoms in multiple systems in humans.  Many patients diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease and immune related issues have compromised immune systems from mold exposure. Testing humans for mold exposure can be challenging - as can home testing.  The key is to be aware of the symptoms, get properly tested, and educate yourself on how to protect yourself from a chronic inflammatory response related to mold exposure.